If you are tired of hand washing and drying utensils, a dishwasher is a remedy. A countertop dishwasher will especially come in handy if you don’t have a lot of space in your kitchen to spare for large stand-alone dishwashers. The Magic Chef MCSCD6W3 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher is one such compact appliance that can save you time and effort. Let’s dive into the details and see what it has to offer.
Magic Chef MCSCD6W3 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher Features
- Has 6 place settings for plates up to 10’’ in size.
- Features 5 wash cycles, which are distinguished by the number of rinse and dry cycles. These include heavy, light, glass, speed and rinse.
- Noise rated 55dB, making it a relatively quiet dishwasher.
- Has compact dimensions of 17.2H x 21.7W x 20.4D (inches) and weighs 5lbs.
- Features an advanced drying technology, which dry cleans dishes quickly and efficiently without leaving stains and spots.
- Has anti-flood feature, which offers protection if water levels are too high.
- Has simple comprehensive controls operated via a single cycle selector and 2 buttons.
- Includes a LED display, which shows the selected wash cycles and other settings.
- Includes an automatic detergent and rinse aid dispenser.
Pros of Magic Chef MCSCD6W3 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher
- Dries dishes efficiently without leaving spots and stains, thanks to an advanced drying technology.
- Takes up little space on the countertop due to its compact dimensions.
- Holds many dishes, thanks to 6 place settings, with some compartments accepting up to 10’’ plates and still offers some space for a skillet.
- Allows convenient self-installation with the help of a supplied fast setup kit.
- Easy to understand electronic controls with a digital LED display.
Cons of Magic Chef MCSCD6W3 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher
- Has a rounded handle, which might seem a bit small for some users.
- Made of plastic material, which might be a major concern when it comes to durability.
- A little bit expensive compared to other dishwashers in its class.
Summary of Magic Chef MCSCD6W3 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher
Like most other countertop dishwashers, the Magic Chef MCSCD6W3 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher is compact and fairly lightweight, allowing easy placement on the counter even under an overhead cabinetry.
Most people tend to think that a compact dishwasher can’t hold many dishes, however, this kitchen appliance does the unexpected. The Magic Chef MCSCD6W3 accommodates 6 place settings, with enough space for plates up to 10 inches in size while providing some additional space for skillet. This high interior capacity is achieved by an ergonomic division of the interior space into many compartments plus a dedicated basket for knives and utensils.
When it comes to installation, this model gives an easy time because it’s supplied with a quick setup kit to help you get the parts together. Apart from normal wash cycle, there are 5 additional washing programs including heavy, light, glass, speed and rinse. For your information, the normal wash cycle takes about 85 minutes to clean dishes while the others vary. You can simply select any wash program depending on the number of plates and on how dirty these dishes are.
This model has simple controls, which include only two buttons and a single cycle selector. Furthermore, a LED display shows every setting that you choose thus ensuring you get things right every single time. You’ll appreciate the advanced drying technology, which ensures that dishes dry clean without any stains and spots.
In addition, there’s an intake warning indicator, which helps you know if water inlet is connected or not. Along the same lines, a rinse aid warning indicator will let you know when it’s time to top up your detergent. It’s even supplied with a measuring cup for powder detergents and a measuring spoon for liquids and Rinse aid. The inlet hose measures 70 inches while the outlet measures 47 inches.
An anti-flood device ensures maximum protection when the water level is too prime. The interior has a stainless steel finish, which will not rust over time. Last but not least, this model comes with one year warranty, which cover both parts and labor.
Comparison of Magic Chef MCSCD6W3 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher
The Magic Chef MCSCD6W3 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher is a bit pricey than its close competitors, the SPT Countertop Dishwasher and the Costway Countertop Dishwasher. Of course, the SPT Countertop Dishwasher is popular by far and perhaps the best-selling countertop dishwasher. It is also a bit larger than the Magic Chef MCSCD6W3. However, in terms of features, they are both at the same level, offering 6 place settings and 6 wash cycles in total.
Verdict of Magic Chef MCSCD6W3 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher
This Magic Chef model is well-designed for optimal comfort and convenience. With 6 place settings, 6 wash cycles and easy controls, this model will wash all your dirty dishes to your satisfaction. You’ll find the LED display very useful in showing your preset settings and also appreciate some small additions such as intake warning and rinse aid warning. We can confidently say that this compact model will do a great job and in case of anything, you can benefit from its one year warranty.